Multicultural Music Project
Students will work in groups of four or five to create a report on a foreign country. Several items must be included in the report.
1. Clothing- describe the traditional dress of the country including pictures.
2. Food- list types of food associated with the country including the recipe for one traditional main dish or dessert.
3. Instruments- list some instruments that are used in traditional music from the country. Include a picture of each instrument. If possible, bring in a sample of some traditional music.
4. Special holidays- describe the major holidays celebrated in the country including what the history of the holidays are and how they are traditionally celebrated. Include pictures.
5. Special music- print the lyrics to one traditional holiday song and include the history of the song. Who wrote it, when it was written and how it was used.