8th GradeHistory of the United States & New YorkSocial Studies Topics Explored:
Sept. - Unit 1, Civil War Reconstruction - What happened after the Union won?
Sept. & Oct. - Unit 2, Urbanization - Where did we come from?
- 1880 - 2000 interactive population map
- US and world population clocks
- Unit 2 PowerPoint
- OSHA and Triangle Fire
- Cornell and Triangle Fire
Oct. - Unit 3, Progressive Era - What are the problems & how do we fix them?
- Industrial Revolution Video (YouTube)
- Assembly Line and Ford
- Theodore Roosevelt, a Progressive President
- Jacob Riis - Source is the Library of Congress
- Jane Addams & the Hull-House Museum
- Unit PowerPoint Notes
Nov. - Unit 4, Expansion - Can we take over more land? Should we?